Wednesday, April 24, 2013

If its not keeping you up nights

There has been a story on the news the past few days about a woman who was a victim of the Boston Marathon bombing.   She lost the bottom half of one of her legs.   Her profession?  A dance teacher.  Yet she looks into the camera seemingly without any bitterness or anger at God, and swears to dance again and to run the marathon next year.  
This is a hero.   Our society often idolizes the wrong things, such as who has the most cars, who is dating the hottest celebrity, etc.   But its stories like this that deserve an audience.  The world is a battle of good versus evil.   The news continues to focus on the bombers and their back story.   Who cares.   This is the kind of story that deserves our attention.

I continue to want to live each and every one of the rest of my days focusing on the good that I can create and eliminate the evil that has gripped me in the past.  I continue to grow in my spirituality and revel in God grabbing hold of my heart and bringing it toward Him.  I delight in Him continuing to take away my negative habits and negative energy.   I will ask Him for things that I want, but accept that these are not the things that He wants for me. 

I can not wait to be able to share my new soul with another.   I feel like every morning will be greeted with sunshine.   Before I just went through the motions.   This was all my own fault.   But now I have been changed and am so excited to pour that out of me with someone daily.   I know what love is.   In the words of Taking Back Sunday - If its not keeping you up nights then whats the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment