Friday, April 12, 2013

I couldn't find peace

When you become a Christian, it can be hard to be inundated with most of whats in the media without being sad.   I don't know how I didn't learn from all of this before.   I have to watch a show that is centered around sin.  It does show the negative effects of it.   But I watch and feel that it used to be me.   Not to the extent of some of what these people are doing, but I did have my demons. 
Its so much clearer to me now.  And I want to reach into the screen and save these fictional characters.   I know now that God is always watching. 

There was a scene where one character finds out that someone else is praying for him.  To find peace.   And as I watched a tear actually rolled down my face.   Because that was me.  I couldn't find peace, even though it was all right in front of me.  Even when we have everything, we tend to keep chasing things that we think will make us happy.   Life doesn't work like that.   You find your peace from above and count the blessings that you are given.   I appreciate what I have now.   And I yearn for what I have lost.   But I have faith that there is something better that is in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment