Sunday, April 21, 2013

Drink Drank Drunk

My perspective has been redeemed.  I know exactly what I want and who I want to be.  I am disappointed in myself that I lost it.   After all that I have suffered, I had no right to lose sight of what is important.  I know what thoughts you have on your death bed.   I know what it is like to lose everything.  
People keep liking me.  For years I suffered with the thought that no partner would want to take on my issues.  Now there are plenty.  But the one that mattered, I didn't see it clearly.   I didn't have the right view.   And I am narrow minded.  I want what I want and I cant have it.  
I am reformed.  I am the most honest person in the room now.   Yet I am still in limbo.   I cant show myself off where I want to.  
I am minute to minute and if I am lucky day to day.   Long term plans are unsettled.   I want routine.  I want what some would think is boring.   To me it would be thrilling.  
I am riddled with anxiety.  It is worse than ever before.   I try to live in the moment.  I try to accept that I had to be here in order to learn.   Its one call.   One text.   Yet so elusive. 
I approach each day like it could be the end.   I finally am waking up and asking myself to do my best today.    I was out of control in a not so obvious way.   I didn't even see it.
When a person knows so clearly the greatness that he could pour out in a situation, it is very difficult when the rest of the world does not see it.   I could be the best at this ever.  Yet I am stuck on the bench because of stubbornness. 
I would never let you down baby.  Its me and you against the universe for life. 
The empty chair next to me tonight was so symbolic.  I know what I want there.  I'd fight the world for it. 
My life would make a hell of a book.   But right now the final chapter is a tragedy.  I still have hope for the perfect ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment