Thursday, April 4, 2013

Are you the person you are looking for is looking for?

Tonight's group was absolutely amazing.    Two of the other guys are in the same boat as I am, and we just completely opened up and let go and are going to get each other through this. 
One of our discussions was about putting idols before God.   Our relationship and you were idols to me.   I thought that if I had you and I had us I didn't need anything else.   But that is why we crumbled.   I didn't have a good foundation for myself and for my faith in order to balance us on top of. 
I was not ready to be a husband and not ready to be a father.   And God knew that.   So he ripped my idol painfully out of my hands to show me that.   This pain and suffering has a purpose.   That purpose is to make me strong in my faith which will make me the man that I am supposed to be.  The man that can be an amazing husband and the head of a family. 
I could type forever tonight.   But tomorrow is a big day that starts early.   Thank you God for bringing me to this group of guys.   I would be a mess without them.   But with them I am stronger than ever.  

Are you the person you are looking for is looking for?

I'm closer today than I was yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment