Thursday, March 21, 2013

Like a closed book.

Andy: My wife used to say I'm a hard man to know. Like a closed book. Complained about it all the time. She was beautiful. God, I loved her. I just didn't know how to show it, that's all. [pause] I killed her Red. I didn't pull the trigger. But I drove her away. That's why she died, because of me. The way I am.

From "Shawshank Redepmtion".  A good way to describe how I have felt about myself.   I'm glad I am making strides through this.   It has been hard work to be so open with my friends and family about this situation.   It has been a breath of fresh air to be so brutally honest about the things that I have done wrong and how I wish that I can fix them.   I'm so thankful to them for having my back.  

And for some reason the radio keeps haunting me today - "I have loved you for a thousand years;
I'll love you for a thousand more".

No comments:

Post a Comment