Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy people see problems as challenges.

“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
Dalai Lama

I suppose this is true right now.   My lack of immediate gratification, possible not anytime soon gratification and hopefully not never gratification is actually bringing great things into my life.  

Today is the happiest I have been in a long time.   And not because of anything external that has happened.   The changes that are being made in me through the Church and through my efforts to re-build my character are adding up.   I've been reading another blog called "Sucessify!" which is helping me to make a new turn in my life and is giving me ideas for improvement that are making me feel so much better. 

One of the things I tried today was to talk to a stranger.  Something that a lot of us do not do in our normal zombie day to day lives.   It definitely raised my endorphin levels, even just making a little small talk. 

I know I will be very proud of the person I am at the end of this journey.   That will allow me to be able to love another like I never have before.   It is already so exciting to see all of the bad habits that I have cut out of my life.   People really can change, and I am actually one of those people!

One other point on the blog reads "Happy people see problems as challenges".  This is my challenge.   To become the man I was intended to be and then to show you that man.   And if you are no longer interested, then someone will get the best dude that I ever could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment